That "Ah Ha!" Moment...

I've been working on a computer ever since I made it home from work and the thing has been really pissing me off...and that's putting it nicely.  They had brought it to me saying it was giving the "blue screen of death", which usually isn't that big of a deal.  It can usually be taken care of by reinstalling Windows or updating the drivers.  I backed up the data and started the reinstall process.  Didn't work!  It has been throwing up a few different errors so I pulled out the hard drive and swapped it for another one...didn't work.  I pulled out the modem thinking it could be a 3rd-Party driver issue...didn't do it.  I swapped the disc drives...didn't work.  HMMM... I tried another Windows installation disc...nope.  I did some research online about one of the errors it was flagging, and there it mentioned it could possibly be the RAM.  So one of my ol' IHCC buddies suggested running a disc that had a scan to test the memory...well, so far all of the tests have "Failed".  This might be a good indication what has been wrong with it this whole time.  If I would have known it last night when I started working on it that would have been great!

So now I'm sitting here at the point waiting for this test to finish running, but I think I'm pretty sure what the conclusion will be...the memory is NO GOOD! Such as simple fix that has turned into a time-consuming project!

Well...all six steps of the process on all four passes that it ran.  I would definitely say that the RAM has bit the dust! Now I guess I get to see if they want to replace it.


Tonight there wasn't much of a sunset so I took a picture of tonight's fading light.  I thought it turned out decent...

Comments

Popular Posts