Trip to Lacey State Park
I'm a happy camper. Mom, Dad and I took a trip up to Lacey State Park in Keosauqua, Iowa today to take a look around. I took some pictures that I am quite proud of! I did battle with a battery issue though. I thought the way it looked that pictures would not turn out that well, so I left the Rebel behind and just brought my PowerShot camera. Well...I knew the set in the camera were low so I had picked up a set of rechargeables I have. Once we got up to Lacey I figured out they were drained. With what "juice" I had, I did manage to get some good shots. I've decided that I could spend quite a bit of time up there and manage to discover something new every time.
This first picture I snapped on the way up to Mom and Dad's house. I was wanting to get a picture of this field of weeds with the yellow blooms. I wasn't sure how it would turn out today since it was so foggy...but I think it turned out decent.
This first picture I snapped on the way up to Mom and Dad's house. I was wanting to get a picture of this field of weeds with the yellow blooms. I wasn't sure how it would turn out today since it was so foggy...but I think it turned out decent.
(Field of yellow-blooming weeds in the mid-day fog.)
Here's the pictures that I took while we were up at Lacey State Park...
(Some sort of purple blooms.)
(Dad walking back from checking out the creek.)
(Not sure what these weeds (or whatever) are, but there was a big clump of them here.)
(Mom and Dad walking down the path back to where the truck is parked.)
(Some kind of weed with white puffy blooms.)
(Really not sure what kinda of tree or bush this is, but it sure did make a neat picture.)
(This is the Shelter #1 site. I like this area much better than Shelter #2.)
(Still not sure why I took a picture of the sign...)
(This shelter house is my favorite. The fireplace and everything is so neat.)
(Whenever I saw this tree it made me think of the Disney Tree of Life.)
(This is a wide path leading from Shelter #1 down to the Des Moines River.)
(Had to take a picture of the window. I could just imagine someone sitting in there for their picture...and it would be awesome!)
(Everything is cool there at Lacey...even the bathrooms! This is the women's for Shelter #1.)
(This was the men's bathroom. It was farther down in the woods than the women's was. I think the green roof might be questionable on what caused it...)
(Shelter #1, taken from down the hill. It's just so awesome looking!)
(The stone steps that leads down to the beach area.)
(The stone retaining wall that's just below the beach house.)
(The beach house was very neat looking. It reminded me of a stable.)
(The steps that lead back to the parking area from the beach house.)
(This is at Shelter #2. It's a little bigger than Shelter #1 and the fireplace is different.)
(There are some neat exposed rock cliffs at Lacey.)
(Another view of the same rock cliff.)
(I thought this tree trunk was quite interesting. I just had to get a picture of it.)
(Thought this tree trunk just popped out from the rock wall. Man, that is some green moss!)
(This is a neat view looking up one of the creeks.)
(This is looking the opposite way as the previous photo.)




























Comments
Post a Comment