JonThePhotoGuy's Day Off...
So...I decided to take a much needed day off of work today. The last day that I was off of work was spent at work until 10:00 and then at home sick the rest of the day....NOT TODAY!
I stayed in bed a little longer this morning than I would most mornings, finally got out of bed, showered and then started working on other projects. One project that I worked on was tearing into a laptop with some internal issues. This is another case of removing a lot of screws and diagnosing the issue and then ordering the required part. This is the fourth laptop in a row that has needed some "major surgery"...meaning actually opening the case and/or the LCD bezel up.
After the "surgery" was time to wash clothes, eat some dinner and some spring cleaning. I can attribute this less-than-fun-activity-on-my-day-off to watching Hoarders last night. It's amazing that someone's horrible mess will get you to thinking about cleaning up that somewhat messy spare bedroom. The trash guys aren't going to like me very much come Wednesday. After the straightening process came the vacuuming and sweeping...this is not what I consider a day off.
I made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and some pictures that I had sent in. The highlight of this trip was standing in line at the photo counter and the janitor comes out of the restroom. He hollers to the photo center employee, "Call someone from management!" as you hear what sounds like a waterfall coming from the bathroom and you see his water-soaked clothes. In a minute or so I start to see water come creeping out of the bathroom and then a rush of Wal-Mart employees with brooms and squeegies to corral the water...that wasn't working out too well! In the midst of all this I did hear the janitor say something about the water pipe from the toilet blowing off the wall...hence the waterfall I was hearing.
After making it home to drop off the groceries I headed out to the Haley's to see my friend Kelly before she leaves tomorrow for another checkup in Durham, North Carolina. This resulted in a trip to the Mexican restaurant (highly entertaining)...from there was Hastings...then to Wal-Mart (even more entertaining than the Mexican restaurant)...and then a stop at McD's to fulfill Beth's mocha craving.
Now here I am, back home and watching the news...it is time for bed! Before I call it a night, here's some of the pictures that I snapped on my BlackBerry...
I stayed in bed a little longer this morning than I would most mornings, finally got out of bed, showered and then started working on other projects. One project that I worked on was tearing into a laptop with some internal issues. This is another case of removing a lot of screws and diagnosing the issue and then ordering the required part. This is the fourth laptop in a row that has needed some "major surgery"...meaning actually opening the case and/or the LCD bezel up.
After the "surgery" was time to wash clothes, eat some dinner and some spring cleaning. I can attribute this less-than-fun-activity-on-my-day-off to watching Hoarders last night. It's amazing that someone's horrible mess will get you to thinking about cleaning up that somewhat messy spare bedroom. The trash guys aren't going to like me very much come Wednesday. After the straightening process came the vacuuming and sweeping...this is not what I consider a day off.
I made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and some pictures that I had sent in. The highlight of this trip was standing in line at the photo counter and the janitor comes out of the restroom. He hollers to the photo center employee, "Call someone from management!" as you hear what sounds like a waterfall coming from the bathroom and you see his water-soaked clothes. In a minute or so I start to see water come creeping out of the bathroom and then a rush of Wal-Mart employees with brooms and squeegies to corral the water...that wasn't working out too well! In the midst of all this I did hear the janitor say something about the water pipe from the toilet blowing off the wall...hence the waterfall I was hearing.
After making it home to drop off the groceries I headed out to the Haley's to see my friend Kelly before she leaves tomorrow for another checkup in Durham, North Carolina. This resulted in a trip to the Mexican restaurant (highly entertaining)...from there was Hastings...then to Wal-Mart (even more entertaining than the Mexican restaurant)...and then a stop at McD's to fulfill Beth's mocha craving.
Now here I am, back home and watching the news...it is time for bed! Before I call it a night, here's some of the pictures that I snapped on my BlackBerry...
(D and Meg...that look just about says it all...)
(D standing up in the sunroof...he didn't like the idea of the sunroof being shut while he was in it!)
(D stopping to check his blood pressure while Kel and Meg were looking for Excedrin Migraine.)
While we were sitting at the restaurant D and Meg were having one of their goofy conversations, so I started capturing a short part of it on my phone...
I can honestly say that there is never a dull moment when hanging around the Haley clan!




Comments
Post a Comment