Good News...
Last Friday I heard some good news from my friend Kelly. She had went to Duke University in Durham, North Carolina a couple weeks ago for an evaluation to see if she qualified for a double-lung transplant due to her CF (Cystic Fibrosis). On Friday Kelly told me via text message that they had accepted her onto the transplant list! Unfortunately, she will have to temporarily relocate to North Carolina for her surgery since Duke University is the only one specialized in transplants involving her specific type of CF.
Since Kelly will be gone for around six months we've been trying to get everyone set up with a webcam and a Skype account so she can still see everyone's smiling faces. I went out tonight to check out the deal with the desktop's microphone issue and figured out it was a simple little button that needed clicked. In the next week or so I have another computer to get setup with a webcam and Skype also.
This last weekend I took a few pictures of Kelly with her friends before she has to leave in a few weeks, and I plan to take a few more this coming weekend too. I even had someone snap a picture of me and Miss Scrawny, too... Not the best picture of me, but none of them are!
It's going to suck not having my scrawny friend Kelly around for six months, but I am so glad that she's able to go out to Duke University to have this done. She won't be leaving for a few weeks, but I'm already ready for her to get back!
Since Kelly will be gone for around six months we've been trying to get everyone set up with a webcam and a Skype account so she can still see everyone's smiling faces. I went out tonight to check out the deal with the desktop's microphone issue and figured out it was a simple little button that needed clicked. In the next week or so I have another computer to get setup with a webcam and Skype also.
This last weekend I took a few pictures of Kelly with her friends before she has to leave in a few weeks, and I plan to take a few more this coming weekend too. I even had someone snap a picture of me and Miss Scrawny, too... Not the best picture of me, but none of them are!
(I'm half-laughing here because the person running the camera wasn't completely sure how to run it.)

Comments
Post a Comment