She Looks Like Mr. Snuffleupagus!...

Tonight I had myself a much needed laugh...ya know, one of those where you laugh so hard that you have tears rolling down your face. I went up to the 'rents to watch the CMAs (Country Music Awards) and one of the best parts of the whole show is making fun of the ridiculous outfits the singers wear.  Tonight the topic was on Natasha Bedingfield when she came out to perform "Easy" with Rascal Flatts.  The first think that Mom blurts out "She looks like she's got a rug on! BaHaHa!" and then I blurt out "It looks like she's wearing dryer lint! BaHaHa!" and finally Mom said "She looks like Mr. Snuffleupagus! BAHAHAHAHA!"  By this time me and Mom are freaking dying laughing with tears pouring down our faces...it could been the most awesome performance but the dress stole the attention away.

I did some looking to see if I could find pictures of this "dress"...if that's what you want to call this furball...

(This particular picture makes me think dryer lint.)

 (See the resemblance?)
(But I do believe Mom was most correct with her last statement..."She looks like Mr. Snuffleupagus! BaHaHa!")

 (What to you think? She's right, ain't she?)

Other than Natasha Bedingfield, we were poking fun at this dress that Carrie Underwood was wearing. I saw it and said, "It looks like she is wearing a set of drapes!" and Mom said "Oh God! That makes me think of the Carol Burnett Show!"  This is what she was referring to...


I remembered exactly which dress she was referring to from the show.  This is from the skit "Went with the Wind". I just wish I could find a picture of Carrie Underwood's dress from the show so that I could show the similarity! 

Maybe by tomorrow there will be a picture of her drapery dress, but I had better close the "curtain" on my post and head for bed! Ha!

** UPDATE **

Well...I did it... I found that picture of Carrie Underwood's drapery dress. Okay, so maybe it isn't made out of drapes, but that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it.  It even has ruffles and those cord thingies like drapes would! Well, here it is...



Comments

Popular Posts