Mind Derailment Monday...
Man, tonight I was having the worst case of train of thought done jumped the tracks. I felt like I was having a bad case of ADHD or OCD or maybe even DUH. I had things I needed to get done tonight, and every time I looked at the screen I think my eyed went crossed and my mind went blank. I hate having nights like that! It always seems to happen when I have something that needs done right now. It took a lot longer than what it should have, but I got it accomplished.
I am excited! I picked up my Christmas cards from Wal-Mart Photo Center this afternoon. I really didn't want to put a picture of myself on the cards, so I pick out an image from my collection of pictures taken. I try to find one that's winter or Christmas related. Two years ago it was a gorgeous sunset taken in the winter time, last year it was icicles on a tree branch, and this year after much deliberation it was Christmas ornaments.
Now I just have to write my messages, address the envelopes, and sent them off!
I snapped a couple of pictures of my Christmas tree the other day. It took me quite a while to get my Charlie Brown Christmas tree to where it looked a little less sparse.
Tonight I made my Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake to share with some of my fellow co-worker friends. I feel like somewhat of an ass because I won't be offering it to anyone other than who I want to have it. We're having a Christmas carry-in on Thursday and I didn't feel like sharing it with the people who NEVER bring a contribution but still eat the food anyway. The cheesecake is just too good to share with the good-for-nothings! Sorry...that was my rant for the night!
I've been a baking fool the last two days. I made the cheesecake tonight and yesterday I baked a chocolate cake. I ended up taking a picture of my cake because it just looked too much like an over-sized doughnut...
I've had me some random crazy thoughts in the past 24 hours. Here they are...
Thought #1
(Thinking about a computer I need to work on for someone...)
HMM...Phil Struble is that anything like Toaster Strudel? (Not making fun of the last name at all...but it just came to mind.)
Thought #2
When I can't sleep I think there is a tiny person jumping up and down on my brain, like a trampoline, screaming, "No! No! No! You can't go to sleep yet!". Damn you tiny person!
Thought #3
EXPIRATION :: Would that be like removal from the pirate committee?
Okay...TIME...FOR...BED! See what other random thoughts pop into my mind when it really should be sleeping instead...
I am excited! I picked up my Christmas cards from Wal-Mart Photo Center this afternoon. I really didn't want to put a picture of myself on the cards, so I pick out an image from my collection of pictures taken. I try to find one that's winter or Christmas related. Two years ago it was a gorgeous sunset taken in the winter time, last year it was icicles on a tree branch, and this year after much deliberation it was Christmas ornaments.
(This is the image I used. It it cropped in slightly more on the cards.)
(This was my runner-up image. I might just have to use it next year. I've always thought it was a neat picture. Most people have to give it a second look to tell what it is.)
Now I just have to write my messages, address the envelopes, and sent them off!
I snapped a couple of pictures of my Christmas tree the other day. It took me quite a while to get my Charlie Brown Christmas tree to where it looked a little less sparse.
(I've always liked the colors red, white and blue, so that's the "theme" of my Christmas tree.)
(I haven't had a chance to wrap my Christmas presents yet, so my St. Louis Cardinals gnome is waiting their arrival under the tree.)
Tonight I made my Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake to share with some of my fellow co-worker friends. I feel like somewhat of an ass because I won't be offering it to anyone other than who I want to have it. We're having a Christmas carry-in on Thursday and I didn't feel like sharing it with the people who NEVER bring a contribution but still eat the food anyway. The cheesecake is just too good to share with the good-for-nothings! Sorry...that was my rant for the night!
I've been a baking fool the last two days. I made the cheesecake tonight and yesterday I baked a chocolate cake. I ended up taking a picture of my cake because it just looked too much like an over-sized doughnut...
(Yup...an over-sized chocolate doughnut, white icing and sprinkles.)
I've had me some random crazy thoughts in the past 24 hours. Here they are...
Thought #1
(Thinking about a computer I need to work on for someone...)
HMM...Phil Struble is that anything like Toaster Strudel? (Not making fun of the last name at all...but it just came to mind.)
Thought #2
When I can't sleep I think there is a tiny person jumping up and down on my brain, like a trampoline, screaming, "No! No! No! You can't go to sleep yet!". Damn you tiny person!
Thought #3
EXPIRATION :: Would that be like removal from the pirate committee?
Okay...TIME...FOR...BED! See what other random thoughts pop into my mind when it really should be sleeping instead...

Comments
Post a Comment