Just Another Thursday....
Today was just another Thursday...
Really nothing too much thrilling happened today. Pretty much the highlight of my day was when we experienced some system issues and we had downtime for an hour. After work I did get my "ears lowered," which I was in desperate need of. It had been since August 18th when it was done last, which is pushing it for me. This cold spell we're supposed to be having tonight will probably have me wishing I would have put off getting my hair cut!
The clouds were kinda cool tonight so I had to snap some pictures...
I've been working on a computer for the local funeral home that's had some "issues". She said that it would shut off on her while she was using it. While she was explaining it, the system just kicked off, and then without touching it, it powered back on briefly, to which she said, "You know...this is a funeral home...AND...this is Halloween weekend..." Which I replied, "You REALLY didn't have to tell me that!" I'm not really into the whole "ghost" thing, but it made me think! Well, I finally had the chance to work on it tonight and figured out it wasn't a demonic possession, just a bad power supply. Before I install a power supply I plug in all of the components and leave the supply sitting outside of the case. After I had walked away from the desk and back I decided this probably wasn't the way you're really suppose to run a computer. This is how I had the desktop up and running...
It works great to test to confirm that it is the power supply without having to install it, route the cables and then find out that isn't the issue. I just don't think this would be kosher to leave a computer up and running like this though!
Really nothing too much thrilling happened today. Pretty much the highlight of my day was when we experienced some system issues and we had downtime for an hour. After work I did get my "ears lowered," which I was in desperate need of. It had been since August 18th when it was done last, which is pushing it for me. This cold spell we're supposed to be having tonight will probably have me wishing I would have put off getting my hair cut!
The clouds were kinda cool tonight so I had to snap some pictures...
I've been working on a computer for the local funeral home that's had some "issues". She said that it would shut off on her while she was using it. While she was explaining it, the system just kicked off, and then without touching it, it powered back on briefly, to which she said, "You know...this is a funeral home...AND...this is Halloween weekend..." Which I replied, "You REALLY didn't have to tell me that!" I'm not really into the whole "ghost" thing, but it made me think! Well, I finally had the chance to work on it tonight and figured out it wasn't a demonic possession, just a bad power supply. Before I install a power supply I plug in all of the components and leave the supply sitting outside of the case. After I had walked away from the desk and back I decided this probably wasn't the way you're really suppose to run a computer. This is how I had the desktop up and running...
It works great to test to confirm that it is the power supply without having to install it, route the cables and then find out that isn't the issue. I just don't think this would be kosher to leave a computer up and running like this though!

Comments
Post a Comment