Awesome Day

Man! What an AWESOME day it was today!  Although the weather wasn't as warm as it was Thursday, it was still nice enough to drive with the windows down a little bit.  I felt like I at least got something accomplished today... I already have my Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Dip made up for Easter Dinner tomorrow, baked a loaf of beer bread and made dip to go with it, and took the two up to Buddy's tonight.  I'm proud that I was actually coordinated enough to start the loaf of bread, mix the cream cheese dip and salsa dip up all while the bread was baking...AND I managed to keep the dishes washed up as I was doing it!  That's quite a feat for me...I'm not the most kitchen, multi-tasked coordinated.  I have to have things prepared and ready as much as possible while cooking, because otherwise something usually gets over-cooked.

Tomorrow should be a fun day, I get to see the family that I'm closest to, and all the babies...Especially looking forward to seeing Baby Kyle since it's probably been 3-4 weeks since I've seen him...he usually has the biggest grin!  The ONLY thing I'm not looking forward to about tomorrow is the MOUNDS of FOOD... UGH!  I'll be ready for nicer weather to get here and stay so maybe I can start a diet.  I still haven't recovered from last Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners...oh...and it don't help this winter was so cold and it made me want to fix a true meal just about every night.  At least with Spring and Summer in the works I tend to lean towards a lighter meal.  I'm especially looking forward to garden season...I usually manage to get my hands on some surplus from Mom & Dad's garden... Maybe some cucumbers, tomatoes and green peppers.  I could eat cucumbers with Italian dressing until it came out my ears!

Well...I had better call it a night... I have to get up early enough tomorrow morning to start making Pink Salad for Easter dinner.  Heaven forbid if there wasn't any Pink Salad, since everyone has now come to expect it during major holidays.  I've now taken over the tradition of making it since I've moved out of Mom and Dad's (One less holiday requirement Mom has to make for dinners.)  Hopefully I will get some pictures snapped of the "fam" tomorrow especially some of Baby Kyle, Baby Braylee, and Not-So-Baby Camme (and probably some of just family being family type moments!)  Anyways, Happy Easter!!!


~*~ Happy Easter from J.H. Design ~*~

Comments

Popular Posts