Bubble Wrapped & Boxed Up

Well, sadly I have the ol' Canon PowerShot S2 IS (aka My Backup Camera) boxed up to send off to Canon for repair.  I had used the camera in July to take some pictures, took the batteries out and put it in the closet until next time.  Generally I use my Rebel for most of my pictures because the quality, flash and focus are a lot better, but there are some instances I would rather not take my Rebel XTi into. 

Now comes the discovery...

I had pulled my PowerShot S2 IS off the shelf and out of the closet, threw the batteries in, and took it with me to take some pictures at Halloween.  Turned on, menus worked, BUUUUTTTT No...Image...On...The...Screen!!! CRAP!  Did the whole "factory reset" and "remove the backup battery" kinda thing like that, but to no success.  Contacted Canon through their website a few months ago, and this last week finally got around to having them e-mail me a UPS packing label.  So, now the camera is all packed up, ready to head out to Canon.  I just have to drop it off at the UPS facility after I get off of work tomorrow...hopefully Canon can fix it for free (or really cheap) and get it back to me soon.  Even though I don't use it that often I don't like being without my backup camera!

I really should have gotten it sent off sooner... but really want it back for the 2010 Buddy's Place Trip to Kansas City to watch the Cardinals play the Royals!  Hopefully all goes well with it!

Comments

Popular Posts