Run Club...
Some of my coworkers decided that it would be an excellent idea to form a little running club and start running on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This was definitely NOT my idea! Angela, our fitness enforcer of the group, decided that we would start this last Monday...and basically not going, was NOT an option. I even created a Facebook group for those who want to join us...we're completely official now...
I did, however, miss out on the beginning session. I was caught at work and couldn't leave and wasn't sure exactly how long it would be before I would be finished. Now, on Wednesday there was no getting out of it...they tracked me down at my office before I even had the chance to change clothes.
The one problem with joining the "running club" is that I haven't ran since high school...and I graduated 11 years ago...and it was years prior to graduation since I was in Phys. Ed.! Needless to say, Wednesday's "run" was a lot more walking than jogging/running. I feel like I definitely could have pushed myself a little harder, but another coworker was still re-cooping from Monday's run so I stuck with her and also didn't want to injure myself on the first night. After we finished up I took a look at my Endomondo app and it showed a total of 2.17 miles! I definitely haven't walked/jogged that much all at once for a LONG time! Thursday morning I was definitely on the sore side.
We postponed Friday's Run Club due to a majority of the group was unable to make it. I had to be in town anyway to work on a computer on Saturday, so we met up and ran at 9:00 that morning. This time Kris told us to go ahead without her and I stuck running with Angela. She was definitely a motivator in keeping me going at a jogging pace instead of wimping out and walking more. Holy moly! That was rough on this guy right here! I accidentally shut the tracker off on my Endomondo app, so I don't know exactly how far we went, but I know we ended up going at least another 2 blocks farther compared to Wednesday.
My legs are still in recovery from Saturday...they are NOT accustomed to running...AT ALL! Even though my legs are tired, and probably will still be tomorrow, I'm ready for the next go 'round! Even with as tired and achy as I felt, it is an awesome feeling when you reach the finish point. It's a huge sense of accomplishment for me considering my complete lack of running experience and I wouldn't trade that ache for anything in the world right now. My goal is working up to running the Antique Fair 5K Fun Run that is organized by my hospital. It's still almost a year away, but I have a lot of training left to do!
Bring on the Run Club tomorrow evening! I'm ready!
I did, however, miss out on the beginning session. I was caught at work and couldn't leave and wasn't sure exactly how long it would be before I would be finished. Now, on Wednesday there was no getting out of it...they tracked me down at my office before I even had the chance to change clothes.
The one problem with joining the "running club" is that I haven't ran since high school...and I graduated 11 years ago...and it was years prior to graduation since I was in Phys. Ed.! Needless to say, Wednesday's "run" was a lot more walking than jogging/running. I feel like I definitely could have pushed myself a little harder, but another coworker was still re-cooping from Monday's run so I stuck with her and also didn't want to injure myself on the first night. After we finished up I took a look at my Endomondo app and it showed a total of 2.17 miles! I definitely haven't walked/jogged that much all at once for a LONG time! Thursday morning I was definitely on the sore side.
We postponed Friday's Run Club due to a majority of the group was unable to make it. I had to be in town anyway to work on a computer on Saturday, so we met up and ran at 9:00 that morning. This time Kris told us to go ahead without her and I stuck running with Angela. She was definitely a motivator in keeping me going at a jogging pace instead of wimping out and walking more. Holy moly! That was rough on this guy right here! I accidentally shut the tracker off on my Endomondo app, so I don't know exactly how far we went, but I know we ended up going at least another 2 blocks farther compared to Wednesday.
My legs are still in recovery from Saturday...they are NOT accustomed to running...AT ALL! Even though my legs are tired, and probably will still be tomorrow, I'm ready for the next go 'round! Even with as tired and achy as I felt, it is an awesome feeling when you reach the finish point. It's a huge sense of accomplishment for me considering my complete lack of running experience and I wouldn't trade that ache for anything in the world right now. My goal is working up to running the Antique Fair 5K Fun Run that is organized by my hospital. It's still almost a year away, but I have a lot of training left to do!
Bring on the Run Club tomorrow evening! I'm ready!


Comments
Post a Comment