Birthday Weekend...

Well...the ol' birthday has came and went now and I survived another year.  I will have to admit it was a pretty awesome birthday!

One of the first things that made my day was the fact that I hit my first weight loss goal of 50 pounds.  As of Tuesday's weigh-in I had not quite made it at 49.6...


On Thursday morning at work I received some gifts from my coworkers...

(I had to laugh at this one...it was derived from the movie "Ted" about a teddy bear that magically comes to life...and then turns into a very raunchy bear!)
 
(I was brought this ink pen and was told I probably wouldn't have to worry about my ink pen missing ever again.)

(Along with "Ted Jr." and the bird ink pen I got an "@" sign.  I had saw it at T.J. Maxx and was kicking myself for not picking it up.  Between my work on computers and my use of Twitter I thought it was very fitting for me.)

(Chuck in HR had bought me some brownies...luckily I decided I would take a short leave of absence from "The Plan" once I had met my first goal! ... Now I'm going to have to really focus again!)

(This is how I was told about the "road trip" to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals play. I had been given slight hints the week prior about an upcoming road trip...but I wasn't told where or what for.  More picture to follow...)

(My monitor and the whiteboard all decorated up with balloons...)

(Up close look at the whiteboard...)

I decided there's some things that when you receive them for a present (and you're excited about them), indicate that you're getting older...for example: the Eureka AirSpeed AS1101 vacuum cleaner that Mom and Dad bought me for my birthday.  I was in desperate need of buying a new vacuum cleaner, because the old one I had was near the point of being thrown out in the street to be run over.  Vacuuming isn't something that I get excited about, but when I can vacuum three rooms and not have to clean the canister or the filter AND still have suction...it is one damn nice vacuum cleaner!


At this point (even though I have only had it a few days) there is nothing that would keep me from recommending this vacuum to anyone who is in the market...it REALLY SUCKS (but in a good vacuum cleaner way!)

Well...it's getting late...I better head for bed.  I will post more pictures tomorrow from the road trip and baseball game.

Comments

Popular Posts