Butterflies...

This weekend I was up at Mom and Dad's house and the lilacs were in bloom (and smelled awesome).  Other than sniffing the lilacs numerous times, which set my eyes watering and my nose stuffed up, I took some pictures of the blooms early in the afternoon.  We went back outside later on and I found the lilac bush fluttering with 4 or 5 butterflies.  I couldn't help but take pictures of them.  The butterflies were more worried about the nectar than they were of my proximity. 

(Close-up of the blooms.)


(I thought this one was neat. It captures the fluttering of the butterfly's wings.)





(Two butterflies in one shot.)






So, other than taking picture of butterflies on the lilac bush, what has JonThePhotoGuy been doing? Captured? MIA? Nah...I've started a diet, or as I call it "The Plan".  Today marks the end of Week 4 and a total loss of 13 pounds. In addition to eating right, I've been playing Wii Tennis and doing some Zumba Flat Abs to hopefully speed the process up a bit.  My biggest help is the process has been: #1 my co-worker friends who are also on a weight-loss mission and #2 the help of this awesome website MyFitnessPal, which I have the tracker app on my BlackBerry Torch any Apple iPad as well.  MyFitnessPal lets me know how much give or take I have to do from one meal to the next.  I know that if I gorge myself at lunch, I better cool it at dinner (or vise versa).

I'm beginning to tell that clothes are fitting a little more losely and I'm less rotund in the neck and other areas.  I plan on pressing on until I am closer to my normal weight for my height, but unfortunately I most likely won't be "skinny" because I have a large frame...oh well! My main motivation to lose weight is to hopefully be able to shop at American Eagle for the clothes all the "cool kids" wear.

Comments

Popular Posts