Books...
Here it is a few months later and I am still very attached to my Amazon Kindle. As much as I like to read, I really hadn't read much of anything the past 6 years or so. I have to blame most of it on just the lack of making time for it. Ever since I was given my Kindle I have been trying to set some time aside when possible to read. I also make sure that I have my Kindle when I go to work, too...I was trained as a "backup" for our receptionist, Brian. If I have finished with the jobs for the day, I will pull out my Kindle and read whatever book I may have in progress. In the past four months since I received the Kindle I have read 11 books and am in the process of reading another...in the six years plus years prior I had probably read two or three (that's sad...)
The last book(s) that I read was The Hunger Game and the following two books in the series. I highly recommend this series which includes The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The author, Suzanne Collins, paints a very detailed and vivid storyline with her words. Me and my friend decided we wanted to watch The Hunger Games on the opening weekend in the theater, so we both decided to read the first book before going to the movie. I finished the book up on the Friday afternoon, just in time to go watch the movie the next day. After I finished The Hunger Games, I clicked right over to the next book and started reading it. One of the worst things about finishing a book right before going to watch the movie is that it is still very fresh in your mind...and unfortunately you notice any and all little differences there are between the book and the movie. So that I don't spoil any details about the book or the movie, I will just say that the movie could have been much better.
Now that I've finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy I have moved on to...get this...the Twilight saga. Really? I sometimes wonder what possessed this 27-year-old guy to get involved in the freakin' Twilight saga. What actually started this was seeing all of the previews and seeing the DVD for Breaking Dawn: Part One and me making the comment "For some reason I feel like I should be buying the DVD of Breaking Dawn..." to which my friend said "NO! If you're going to watch any of the movies, you have to start with Twilight and watch them in order!" So, needless to say, I now own all four DVDs. Since the current last movie for Breaking Dawn stops mid-book, I decided to get the entire series on my Kindle so I could read it...and actually know the ending to the story and not have to wait until November 16th when the final movie comes out. When I get the books finished I won't have to worry about my friend saying "I could just tell you how it ends and spoil it all for you!". Once I started watching the Twilight saga DVDs, I watched one a night until I was finished with them...I was hooked...now I'm more than ready for the last movie to be released! Ugh...a guy...hooked on Twilight...this is just NOT RIGHT!
Well...it is time for me to crash! Tomorrow morning is going to come way too early!
The last book(s) that I read was The Hunger Game and the following two books in the series. I highly recommend this series which includes The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The author, Suzanne Collins, paints a very detailed and vivid storyline with her words. Me and my friend decided we wanted to watch The Hunger Games on the opening weekend in the theater, so we both decided to read the first book before going to the movie. I finished the book up on the Friday afternoon, just in time to go watch the movie the next day. After I finished The Hunger Games, I clicked right over to the next book and started reading it. One of the worst things about finishing a book right before going to watch the movie is that it is still very fresh in your mind...and unfortunately you notice any and all little differences there are between the book and the movie. So that I don't spoil any details about the book or the movie, I will just say that the movie could have been much better.
Now that I've finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy I have moved on to...get this...the Twilight saga. Really? I sometimes wonder what possessed this 27-year-old guy to get involved in the freakin' Twilight saga. What actually started this was seeing all of the previews and seeing the DVD for Breaking Dawn: Part One and me making the comment "For some reason I feel like I should be buying the DVD of Breaking Dawn..." to which my friend said "NO! If you're going to watch any of the movies, you have to start with Twilight and watch them in order!" So, needless to say, I now own all four DVDs. Since the current last movie for Breaking Dawn stops mid-book, I decided to get the entire series on my Kindle so I could read it...and actually know the ending to the story and not have to wait until November 16th when the final movie comes out. When I get the books finished I won't have to worry about my friend saying "I could just tell you how it ends and spoil it all for you!". Once I started watching the Twilight saga DVDs, I watched one a night until I was finished with them...I was hooked...now I'm more than ready for the last movie to be released! Ugh...a guy...hooked on Twilight...this is just NOT RIGHT!
Well...it is time for me to crash! Tomorrow morning is going to come way too early!


Comments
Post a Comment