Addicted...

Yep.  It's true...I'm addicted...to my Kindle.  I have had it a little over a week and have already read two books and I am starting on my third.  I love the fact that with the case on it, the Kindle is similar in size to a small hardback book.  So the twenty books or so that I have on it currently, occupy the space of one small book...down right awesome! 

The first book that I read on my new Kindle was When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead: Useful Stories From a Persuasive Man by Jerry Weintraub.  It's quite a long title, but it is well worth a read.  The book tells Jerry's stories of the many singers and actors that he has promoted throughout his career.  Many of these names are quite familiar: John Denver, Elvis, and Frank Sinatra to name a few. 


The last book that I just finished up was Chop Suey by Ty Hutchinson.  I found this one free in the Amazon books.  It was described as a thriller with humor...well, I got a little more than I bargained for with this one.  This story has mentions of Triads (gangs) in Hong Kong...and the particular one mentioned in the book runs gambling, prostitution and "up-skirt" videos (not mentioned in the description.  Although it has some shocker moments, it has you wrapped up in the characters and how it all plays together...which leads me to my next book...


 The book I am currently reading is Stroganov, also by Ty Hutchinson.  It is a continuation in the Darby Stansfield Thriller series.  Unfortunately this book wasn't free, but it wasn't too expensive at $3.99.  So far this book is following the same sort of storyline as Chop Suey. 


After all this talk about Kindles from me and my Mom, my grandma is thinking that she might like a Kindle as well...the whole Kindle Club has been gaining member lately!

Comments

Popular Posts