Not Your "Average" 27-Year-Old Guy...
Yes, I have to admit...I am NOT your average 27-year-old guy. Although I do enjoy things that most other 27-year-old guys do (ex: having fun with friends, enjoying a few drinks, enjoy spending time outdoors)...
...I am not...
average height (6' 4" is a little taller than the norm)
average weight (not going into much detail here!)
average fan of music (it doesn't matter if it's Seether or Lady Gaga, I'll listen to it)
average movie genre watcher (sappy...gory...comedic...it doesn't matter)
Not being an average 27-year-old guy has made me take note of the important things, like...
Stop and spend time with family.
Learn how to be creative when cooking meals.
Learn how to bake.
Be artistic.
Don't be cocky...know a compliment and notice a job well done when you see one.
Seeing peers my own age and younger, it feels like they have no self-pride or respect towards others. I sometimes have this urge to slap them and say, "Seriously? I don't think your parents raised you to act that way." I know that in some cases the parents aren't at fault, it's just the kids wanting to rebel against all parental control.
What brought this whole "Not Your 'Average' 27-Year-Old Guy" thing to mind was while I was baking cookies for an open house tomorrow, I started noticing all of the things in my kitchen that most single guys my age wouldn't have in their kitchen.
Not every 27-year-old guy has...
...parchment paper
...cookie sheets
...a Bundt pan
...loaf pans
...high quality Wilton brand of the last three items
...a spring-form pan
...a cake carrier
...a rolling pin
...both regular flour and self-rising flour
...both regular sugar and powdered sugar
(Yes, I have my kitchen stocked for baking almost anything...)
I think it's funny at work that with as many females are on the same project as I am, that I am the one that gets asked to bake birthday cakes. I've gotten past the phase of "Why me?" and now just take it as a compliment that they like my cakes! The cakes are never fancy, but as long as it's not my job to make them look good...it's only the taste that matters!
Tonight I put my cookie baking skills to work to make my "Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Cookies" for the flower shop open house tomorrow. Char asked me if I would bake some cookies to serve, and I gladly accepted...
I had a spatula casualty while scraping down the sides of the bowl...obviously this cookie dough was a little more than my spatula could "handle". Ha! Get it? HANDLE. Broken "handle"...more than it could "handle"... BaHaHaHa...I crack myself up! (I think it's the lack of sleep!)
This is the finished product....all stacked in the bowl and all ready for the open house tomorrow. I hear there's also going to be some pumpkin bread, candy corn Chex mix and apple cider...awesome! I better take my camera with me to snap some action of the festivities!
...I am not...
average height (6' 4" is a little taller than the norm)
average weight (not going into much detail here!)
average fan of music (it doesn't matter if it's Seether or Lady Gaga, I'll listen to it)
average movie genre watcher (sappy...gory...comedic...it doesn't matter)
Not being an average 27-year-old guy has made me take note of the important things, like...
Stop and spend time with family.
Learn how to be creative when cooking meals.
Learn how to bake.
Be artistic.
Don't be cocky...know a compliment and notice a job well done when you see one.
Seeing peers my own age and younger, it feels like they have no self-pride or respect towards others. I sometimes have this urge to slap them and say, "Seriously? I don't think your parents raised you to act that way." I know that in some cases the parents aren't at fault, it's just the kids wanting to rebel against all parental control.
What brought this whole "Not Your 'Average' 27-Year-Old Guy" thing to mind was while I was baking cookies for an open house tomorrow, I started noticing all of the things in my kitchen that most single guys my age wouldn't have in their kitchen.
Not every 27-year-old guy has...
...parchment paper
...cookie sheets
...a Bundt pan
...loaf pans
...high quality Wilton brand of the last three items
...a spring-form pan
...a cake carrier
...a rolling pin
...both regular flour and self-rising flour
...both regular sugar and powdered sugar
(Yes, I have my kitchen stocked for baking almost anything...)
I think it's funny at work that with as many females are on the same project as I am, that I am the one that gets asked to bake birthday cakes. I've gotten past the phase of "Why me?" and now just take it as a compliment that they like my cakes! The cakes are never fancy, but as long as it's not my job to make them look good...it's only the taste that matters!
Tonight I put my cookie baking skills to work to make my "Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Cookies" for the flower shop open house tomorrow. Char asked me if I would bake some cookies to serve, and I gladly accepted...
I had a spatula casualty while scraping down the sides of the bowl...obviously this cookie dough was a little more than my spatula could "handle". Ha! Get it? HANDLE. Broken "handle"...more than it could "handle"... BaHaHaHa...I crack myself up! (I think it's the lack of sleep!)
This is the finished product....all stacked in the bowl and all ready for the open house tomorrow. I hear there's also going to be some pumpkin bread, candy corn Chex mix and apple cider...awesome! I better take my camera with me to snap some action of the festivities!

Comments
Post a Comment