Wired...
So here it is...11:45 and I'm still wide awake... It's the perfect time to update my blog. Right? Updating the ol' blog instead of sleeping...just perfect!
Today has been one of those days where I have been very productive after I came home from work... I dropped off a computer, checked my mail, paid my rent (oops, forgot about this one), watched the news, gassed up the Jeep, washed dishes, fixed supper, finished washing dishes, worked on a computer, went to Buddy's to chat with Char for a bit, came home and washed a load of clothes...and now updating my blog! Crazy!
I figured I had better kick in high gear today because I probably won't be around much the next few days...it's the BIG Downing Appreciation Days! (or as some call it, "The World's Fair") It is amazing the crowd that the little town of Downing can draw in...it has a small population, but fair-goers will plan their vacations and trips around Appreciation Days. It's great that so many people will show their support and partake in the activities. I look forward to it every year.
I haven't done a lot of "work" the last few weekends, I've been a little preoccupied with the activities this time of year. Two weekends ago was the Scotland County Antique Fair, last weekend was Labor Day weekend and the Old Threshers Reunion, and this weekend is the Downing Appreciation Days.
Last weekend my parents and I went to the Old Threshers Reunion, which we hadn't been to in years. OTR is always interesting because there's several different demonstrations, crafts and foods. One vendor that was selling honey actually had live bees in an enclosed case to show the honey making process. We wanted to try several of the different foods, so we did the smart thing...we would get one of a product and shared it between the three of us. We tried pulled pork sandwiches, fry bread with cinnamon and sugar, a dill pickle, a funnel cake and sampled some coated almonds. OTR is fun, but it's not something I would want to do every year though.
Well...the sand man is finally making his way around to me. I think it's time for me to hit the hay. I'll have a busy weekend planned with the Downing Appreciation Days. I'll also be working on some ads to design to send in to the yearbook. I have an ad for myself, one for my parent's construction business and one for Buddy's Place that are ready but just need sent in...and then I have one for a mowing business and a florist that need designed. Busy, busy, busy!
Today has been one of those days where I have been very productive after I came home from work... I dropped off a computer, checked my mail, paid my rent (oops, forgot about this one), watched the news, gassed up the Jeep, washed dishes, fixed supper, finished washing dishes, worked on a computer, went to Buddy's to chat with Char for a bit, came home and washed a load of clothes...and now updating my blog! Crazy!
I figured I had better kick in high gear today because I probably won't be around much the next few days...it's the BIG Downing Appreciation Days! (or as some call it, "The World's Fair") It is amazing the crowd that the little town of Downing can draw in...it has a small population, but fair-goers will plan their vacations and trips around Appreciation Days. It's great that so many people will show their support and partake in the activities. I look forward to it every year.
I haven't done a lot of "work" the last few weekends, I've been a little preoccupied with the activities this time of year. Two weekends ago was the Scotland County Antique Fair, last weekend was Labor Day weekend and the Old Threshers Reunion, and this weekend is the Downing Appreciation Days.
Last weekend my parents and I went to the Old Threshers Reunion, which we hadn't been to in years. OTR is always interesting because there's several different demonstrations, crafts and foods. One vendor that was selling honey actually had live bees in an enclosed case to show the honey making process. We wanted to try several of the different foods, so we did the smart thing...we would get one of a product and shared it between the three of us. We tried pulled pork sandwiches, fry bread with cinnamon and sugar, a dill pickle, a funnel cake and sampled some coated almonds. OTR is fun, but it's not something I would want to do every year though.
Well...the sand man is finally making his way around to me. I think it's time for me to hit the hay. I'll have a busy weekend planned with the Downing Appreciation Days. I'll also be working on some ads to design to send in to the yearbook. I have an ad for myself, one for my parent's construction business and one for Buddy's Place that are ready but just need sent in...and then I have one for a mowing business and a florist that need designed. Busy, busy, busy!

Comments
Post a Comment