Some Time Outside
This evening I'm taking full advantage of my new patio set. It's a little humid, but it's there's a nice cool breeze. Sometimes you get tired of the air-conditioning cooled air and have to come outside for a bit for some warmth.
I'm looking all around me seeing TONS of tiny slugs EVERYWHERE! Pretty sure I've found the hosta-munching culprits! I read somewhere that if you put them on a penny they will spark...FALSE! The little booger crawled right over them without flinching. Now sprinkle them with salt...and watch them squirm. I'm going to try this Seven dust I have to see if that slows them down any. Stupid things anyway!
I decided to take some pictures of a few of my flowers since they've filled in some since I've planted them.
Last night I decided to make Lemon Pepper Chicken and I roasted some potatoes to go with them... for some dumb reason I decided to take some pictures while I was preparing the potatoes... Maybe it was the first time I had cooked with red potatoes? I'm still not sure...
I'm looking all around me seeing TONS of tiny slugs EVERYWHERE! Pretty sure I've found the hosta-munching culprits! I read somewhere that if you put them on a penny they will spark...FALSE! The little booger crawled right over them without flinching. Now sprinkle them with salt...and watch them squirm. I'm going to try this Seven dust I have to see if that slows them down any. Stupid things anyway!
I decided to take some pictures of a few of my flowers since they've filled in some since I've planted them.
(These are the Dark Blue Callie's that finally bloomed two weeks after everything else.)
(These are the New Guinea Impatiens.)
(Scarlet Begonias...I think Jimmy Buffett has a song about them!)
Last night I decided to make Lemon Pepper Chicken and I roasted some potatoes to go with them... for some dumb reason I decided to take some pictures while I was preparing the potatoes... Maybe it was the first time I had cooked with red potatoes? I'm still not sure...
(Had them all cut up in chunks on the cutting board...Looked just like a professional...*Laughing*)
(Squished around in Lemon Pepper marinade and threw in some lemon slices.)
(Threw them on a cookie sheet...all ready to go into the oven...)
After this experience, I now know why some recipes call for them to be roasted in a glass baking dish with aluminum foil... Kinda BURNT on the cookie sheet around the edges...but they were still very good though!







Comments
Post a Comment