365 on Instagram
I've been working on trying to force myself to be more creative and inspired lately. As of January 1st, I have made it a point to post (at least) a photo a day on Instagram. Some days the weather has been entirely crappy due to cold or rain, but I have managed to post a photo a day. There have been a few days were I dug back into the archives for photos that have never made it to Instagram, before it was a thing, but all of them have had a meaning or feeling attached.
Other than the few days that I have dug back into the archive, I have forced myself to either go outside to shoot or stage shots with old camera, succulents, food or whatnot. This spring I ended up taking a crapload of peony photos in various stages of lighting and weather conditions. They were just a fraction of the photos taken since the beginning of the year.
Here are just a few examples of the pictures that I have taken this year.
Other than the few days that I have dug back into the archive, I have forced myself to either go outside to shoot or stage shots with old camera, succulents, food or whatnot. This spring I ended up taking a crapload of peony photos in various stages of lighting and weather conditions. They were just a fraction of the photos taken since the beginning of the year.
Here are just a few examples of the pictures that I have taken this year.
This sunset developed right in front of my camera. It wasn't the intended subject of my photos.
For some reason this Canon AE-1 is my favorite vintage camera that resides on my shelf and frequently becomes the subject in some staged photos.
These teacup roses were a quick pull-over session yesterday.
Tinkering with some product photography shots for my friend's bracelet business, Knot Today.
Plants, primarily succulents, have become a new fixation for me. I had one terra cotta pot that didn't crack this winter, so I deserved a succulent.
I couldn't have asked for a better day to snag a few photos of this crabapple tree. A huge thanks to my dad for ensuring I brought my camera with me to get some pictures of it!
Just one of the many peony photos that was taken this spring.
Just happened to spot this little ladybug on mom's lilac bush. I think this one will find a spot in my top 20 favorite photos category now.
I ordered some new 100W, 4000K LED light bulbs and they turned my dining room/office into what felt like a studio. Maybe I should start making YouTube videos? Oh wait, my life is pretty mundane for YouTube though...
These are from tonight's little session. I was working on snapping a few photos at golden hour and while I was taking a photo of a small clump of these white wildflowers, I noticed this spiderweb in the background. It didn't quite stand out as much as I wanted it to, but the strands in the web were ultra fine and barely visible unless they were in just the right lighting.
I'm hoping I can get myself a little more organized and productive. The less organized I am, the less motivated I become. I have been trying to do a minimal version of bullet journaling, but I always remember to jot things down after I've already landed in bed. Hopefully I can become better at this one day! Ha!
Well, it's that time of night where I need to call it quits and shutdown for the night. I need to finish making lunch for tomorrow and throw some laundry in before heading off to bed.










Comments
Post a Comment