Been A While...

It's been a little while since I've had the opportunity to post anything...as in June I believe!

There's been quite the change in my realm of things... In the middle of June we were informed that we would be getting cut back to only 25 hours a week as of July 1st.  This has prompted me to start doing a little more digging in the new job field.  Two weeks in to this cutback schedule I received an email asking if I was still interested in this position that I had applied and interviewed for a few months back at a local hospital.  I quickly replied back with my "Yes" response.  If you would have been with me, my response was more like the "Holy s***! Oh...my...God! (Insert a little boogie dance here)" response. 

Fast forward five weeks...

Here I am, week three of my new job in the IT department of the local hospital.  It's definitely a humongous change of pace compared to what I was use to, but it is definitely a change for the better.  It's been three weeks and I still find myself getting all sorts of turned around in the hallways.  Luckily I'm not quite as lost as I was my first week.  I am finally able to associate the different medical departments with their appropriate hallways and paths to get there.  I'm happy that I am finally able to put my college education to good use other than working on computers part time after normal working hours. 

One of the awesome things about the hospital where I work is that I know so many people there.  They are either people I went to school with, parents of the people that I went to school with, or they are from the same town/county that I live in.  It makes the transition from one job that you have been at for 5 years a lot easier when you have familiar faces to look for.

Let's see...in other news...I dropped off my membership application to the fitness center today with hopes of starting tomorrow.  This could get VERY interesting considering that this person, right here, has never set foot in a gym before.  Needless to say it's a little intimidating.  I'm not one to just dive into things without a little background knowledge of what I'm about to get myself into.  It sounds really dumb, but I have done a little Google-ing to see what I can find out about first-timers going to the gym and what to expect.  Oye vey! What have I gotten myself in to?

I guess I had better get off of here and call it a night...I'm going to need my rest for the gym tomorrow after work... WISH ME LUCK!

Comments

Popular Posts